Workout With Julie
Be sure to sign up to receive Jbyrd Yoga News and Events to get details of current events
Donations: Help Jbyrd Yoga Stay Afloat
About the Recent Changes at JByrd Yoga
Workout With Julie Videos List
Do you want to get stronger?
Do you want to learn how to use free weights
and learn strengthening routines with proper form?
These are exciting classes for those interested in getting strong safely and effectively.
We use free weights and other equipment and techniques to train all body areas. Julie leads the group
through traditional and innovative workout sets designed to enhance strength.
The class sizes are small. This allows you the space to workout, access
to the equipment you need and more of Julie's time and attention.
Workout With Julie
Get stronger than ever before.
These classes teach you simple but effective routines to help you
increase your strength.
The intensity level of these classes is moderate
and is open to all levels of students, however these classes will not be
the best for those who are currently struggling with certain injuries.
Contact Julie if you have questions about whether this type of class
will be best for you.
Workout with Julie every week.
Workout with Julie Videos
Select from this list of pre-recorded videos. The links will take you to my video page. You may watch anytime and as many times as you wish.
Currently the classes are donation based. You are welcome to use previously purchased class blocks for attendance. If you like you can purchase
class blocks or make a donation to help me keep the business going while it is in transition.
For those suffering financial hardship during this time, please feel free to attend classes as my guest.
Frequently Asked Questions.
1. How do I know if this class is right for me? How strong do I have to be to attend?
- Most people are more than able to do a workout class because each activity is tailored to
your current strength. You have options with each activity to either increase or decrease the effort.
You can choose from a variety of weights starting at just 1/2 pound.
However, not everyone would benefit or enjoy this type of class. One of the best ways to find out if this type of class would be helpful and enjoyable for you is to attend one of the Open Attendance Core Conditioning classes. These classes are similar in format to the Workout class. If you are able to do the actions in the Core class then you will be physically able to do the Workout class.
2. I already workout with weights. Will this class be hard enough for me?
- Each activity in the class is tailored to fit the individual. The activities are varied
and change every 8 weeks to provide important variation in the training. I have hand weights up to 15 - 20 pounds and we use a technique that emphasizes a slow and deliberate form. I see it as my own personal challenge to make sure you get a good workout.
3. How do I pay for these classes?
- These classes are set up on a monthly payment system. This means you pay once per month for the 4 to 5 classes that will be held that month. The $75 monthly fee breaks down to between 18.75 to 15 per class depending on the number of classes for that month. You can set up an online subscription that will automatically bill you for the class or you can pay in person at the beginning of each month. Those who join the class after the first of the month will pay a prorated fee and begin new payments at the start of each month.
4. If I miss a class do I pay less? Do I get to make up a class?
- In the monthly system there are no makeup classes unless you schedule to attend an alternate class that week. You can attend an open attendance class as a replacement if you like.
5. How do I schedule to attend an alternate class?
- When you know you will miss a class, check with me to see if there is an opening in one of the other Workout classes. If an opening is available then you can attend that class instead of your regularly scheduled class..
6. Can I just drop in to a class without being a monthly attendee?
- Yes, but you must check with me first to see if there is room available. The drop in fee is $20 per class.
7. Can I use the Open Attendance Class payment to attend these classes?
- Sorry, but no, this class is set up on a different system and the payments are not the same.
8. Why is this class set up differently than the Open Attendance Classes?
- This class is set up as a monthly prepaid attendance in order to regulate the size and encourage frequent attendance to the class. The small class size benefits you because you will have enough room as well as equipment to have a safe, fun and effective workout. I will have more time and attention to give to you with a smaller number of students. Knowing that your classes are prepaid and that you do not get a refund if you miss a class will encourage you to attend each week, which will help you improve your abilities. You will also have the benefit of working with others who attend regularly. Having a consistent group of like-minded people that you see each week will enhance your workout experience and add to the fun.
9. I am going on vacation. How do I keep my spot in a workout class?
- Since the class sizes are limited, the space in a class is reserved for those who are paying the monthly fee. If you know you are going to miss several classes you can check to see if a space is available in one of the other weekly classes and attend that class instead of your regular time spot. Of course, sometimes you might be out of town for an extended time. You have the option of canceling your space in the class during your time away. When you return, if space is available then you can rejoin the monthly classes. Those who wish to make sure they get the same time and day class would need to pay for their spot even when they will be away. You are welcome to transfer your attendance to anyone you wish if you desire.
10. If I cannot attend a class can I give my time spot to someone else?
- Yes. If you have paid for your spot, you can transfer that class to another person. Please let me know when you do this so I will know to expect your guest.
11. I would prefer to workout by myself. Can I schedule a private training session with you?
- Absolutely. Just email me and we can connect our schedules.
Be sure to check the class calendar for class changes and
When practicing exercise:
Please use common sense when choosing to use the information you have gained from this
website. It is advisable to consult with your physician before engaging in exercise. The information presented is designed
to be informative. It is not intended to diagnose or treat injuries, illness or disease.
Schedule a private Workout session Tuesday through Saturday.
Call Julie at 713-291-1851 or email
Julie@jbyrdyoga.com to schedule your appointment.
Known as a Swiss ball, as well as many other names, this exercise ball provides a challenge that
will have you enhancing your core...
Mini-ball with a big benefit
This little ball is useful in so many ways. Whether helping with alignment, providing resistance or
just adding fun, this ball offers a large benefit in a little package...