Biome Building: Creating Fermented Foods
Saturday March 7th
1 - 4pm
Register early and save
Join Julie Byrd for a Great Seminar!
You may have heard about fermented foods and probiotics and even seen them in stores. They are highly nutritious and great for supporting the health of our internal biome, the bacterial colony that lives in our large intestines.
In this class we will take a hands on approach to learning how easy it is to create fermented foods and probiotics for ouselves. I will lead you step by step into how to create tasty and healthy biome building foods. This will include fermented vegetables, yogurt and kombucha.
In addition, this class takes an in-depth look at what the newest information about probiotics and prebiotics and their role in our health. Learn which probiotics are best, how prebiotics factor into the mix and how best to add them to your diet.
This workshop includes:
- Tasting, snacking, and sampling of some incredible fermented recipes, yogurt, and kombucha
- Demonstrations and hands on practice of creating fermented vegetables
- Easy to create recipes for you to try at home
- Starter kits to get you going on your own
- Community, camaraderie, and lots of fun
Saturday March 7th from 1 - 4pm
Jbyrd Yoga Studio
Enjoy the Jbyrd Yoga studio kitchen, yoga room and meditation room as you explore the healing benefits of these ancient techniques in culinary healing.
Price: $35, reserve your spot. Limited to twelve people.
Register and pay:
For information about this class contact Julie at 713-291-1851 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tai Chi - Four Corners Form
Saturday, April 4th
2pm - 5pm
Register early and save
The origins of Tai Chi and yoga are similar in age and share many themes. Tai Chi has often been described as a moving meditation. Its action enhance balance and coordination and regular practice reduces stress.
Tai Chi is considered synergistic with yoga and the practice of both can enhance the benefits of each system dramatically.
This class will take showcase a form of Tai Chi that Julie Byrd has practiced and taught for over two decades. We will explore a simplified version of this form, called Four Corners, that can be learned in just a short time.
Date: Saturday April 4, 2019
Time: 2pm - 5pm
Jbyrd Yoga studio 1122 Welch, Houston, Tx 77006.
For information on the next class contact Julie at 713-291-1851 or email: email@example.com
Keep your Yoga Knowledge up to date with
JByrd Journal articles
Anatomy of Yoga
- The Mysterious Rotator Cuff
- What is the IT band?
- What causes muscle cramps?
- Why do I have noisy knees?
- Why are we tight?
- Passive Muscle Stretching
- Reinforcing Hamstring Muscle Length
- Active Muscle Stretching
- Where are my glutes?
- Does body fat turn into muscle?
- Neuroplasticity - How our brain changes itself
Ask the Yogi
- What is Yoga Mudra?
- How do I use a Neti Pot?
- Should I do yoga when I am sick?
- What Yoga Class is Best for Me?
- How often can I do yoga?
- Should I eat before a yoga class?
- Do I have to do every yoga pose?
- Is it normal to get lightheaded in yoga?
- Why do my arms shake in some yoga poses?
- Why do I feel sore after yoga?
- Is it okay to push past my limits?
- Do yoga rooms need to be hot?
- Can I wear shoes or socks in yoga?
- Is it okay to fall asleep in relaxation?
- My joints pop when I do yoga. Is that okay?
- How often should I do yoga?
- Can yoga help build bone density?
- Can yoga help me lose weight?
- How do I stop my wrists from hurting in yoga poses?
- Do I need to become a vegetarian?
- Why Study Yoga?
- Pain Erasure
- Pets and Yoga
- Yoga Games
- Yoga Jargon Bingo
- Yoga Meditation Contemplation
- B.K.S. Iyengar - what he meant to yoga
- Yoga Symbols and History
- 11 Essential Oils for Yoga
- Suffering and Solace
- Fighting the myths of aging
- Laughter is important...
- Proper practice of yoga reduces stress
- A pose should be modified to fit the person
- Protein Powder Review
- Battle of the Whey Proteins
- Un-sweetened Success
- Rumbling Tummy
- Thyroid Problem Foods
- Emotional Eating
- Soda Jerks
- Ready to Drink Protein
- Another Ready to Drink Protein
- Fiber and Health
- Vitamin C
- What you should know about lectins
- Making an Organic Herbal Tincture
- The yin and yang of good bacteria
- Battle of the Berries - which berry is the best?
- Weight Loss Secret - Not all carbohydrates are the same
- Battle of the Nuts: Which nuts are the most healthy?
- Your Better Eating Plan
- Start Your Day with Breakfast
- What's in a Meal?
- Keeping Food Fresh - Abeego Food Wraps
- Do we need more sulfur in our diets?
- How much protein should we eat?
- Battle of the Sugar Substitutes
- Fish oil Supplements
- Potato versus Sweet Potato
- Against the Grain - Gluten Intolerance
Various Yoga Props
- Organic cotton bolsters
- A Mini-Ball with a Big Benefit
- Unusual Yoga Blocks
- Making Your Own Yoga Block
- Best Yoga Blocks
- Resistance Bands - What can they do for you?
- Hand Exerciser
- 6 Yoga Tank Tops
- 4 Pullover Hoodies
- Favorite Yoga Pants
- Toe Socks for Yoga
- Toe Socks update
- How to dress a female yogi for hot weather
- How to dress a male yogi for cold weather
- How to dress a female yogi for cold weather
- Placing Your Knee Over Your Ankle
- 3 Exercises to Help Your Wrists
- Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
- Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- How to Enhance Your Balance
- Posture Perfect
- Lunge, Plank and Twist (for bone density)
- Mat Review
- The Gaiam Print Yoga Mat
- Manduka eKO SuperLight Travel Mat
- Yoga Mat Etiquette
- Prana Living E.C.O.
- Jade Fusion Yoga Mat
- Square Yoga Mats
- Hugger Mugger Earth Elements 10mm
- Yoga Towels
- Yoga mat cleaners
- In Search of: Yoga Mat Bag
- Still Searching: Best Yoga Mat Bag
- Yoga Mat Bags... Still looking
- My New Mat Bag
- Mat Bag - Hungry for Yoga?
Would you like to have a yoga mat that meets your individual needs? The modern world of yoga mats is filled with a multitude of choices. This review will quickly and easily guide you through the important differences...
Do your wrists bother you in some yoga poses? You are not alone. Learn how to avoid this common complaint and how to increase your wrist strength and comfort...
Increasing the protein in your diet can allow you to achieve greater strength gains and enhance your recovery from exercise. Protein powders are a great way to bring in extra protein without a lot of extra calories. Learn the differences between the many types...